This page was last modified: June 22 2020.
Deep Creek Great Smoky Mountains National Park
The resources in this area are books and web sites that provide information on hike, waterfalls, and interesting places.
Waterfalls of Virginia and West Virginia by Kevin Adams. Complete coverage of waterfalls in Virginia and West Virginia. As with the NC book above, Adams provides tips on photography.
Waterfalls of the smokies Published by the Great Smoky Mountains Association. Lists most of the waterfalls in the Great Smoky Mountain National Park. Organized by area of the park.
Great Walks The Great Smokies Just what the title says. Great hikes mostly of less than 5 miles that can be accomplished in a day. If you're in modest shape you should be able to handle any of the hikes in the books. If you're planning on visiting the Great Smoky Mountain Park, this is a must have.
Best of the Blue Ridge Parkway by Nye Simmons. We've driven the entire length of the Blue Ridge Parkway several times, and some sections many many time. Yet there were some places in this book that we missed. Very useful guide to the Parkway
The Blue Ridge ParkwayThe history and attractions of the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Photographing the Soutwest
- Great site about Beaufort NC. One of most graphics intensive sites on the web. Even if you're not going to Beaufort, NC, you should check this out.
- North Carolina Waterfalls. All about NC waterfalls. Where they are and photos of many of them.
- Kevin Adams NC Photography Kevin Adams' web site featuring NC landscapes.
- Alaska Photos. Lots of great photos of Alaska. Makes you want to get on the plane and head there.
- Great Backyard Bird Count. Every year they sponsor a backyard bird count. Sign up and participate.